Sunday, July 16, 2006

My Birthday Dinner

This was a birthday that I won't soon forget.

Jill found this totally rockin' restaurant in Towson that is completely non-Towson like. It's called Vin, pronounced 'vine,' and it's pretty swank with a dark wood interior, red vinyl seats, and flat screen TVs everywhere with flower slide shows - kind of like moving artwork. It was all very posh.




Here is a group photo, from left to right: Rob, Jill, Teresa, Charissa, Richie, Heather and Matt.

We had a private room in the back that was closed off from the rest of the restaurant by a heavy door with a huge window in it. We were quite the curiosity to the rest of the patrons! And we had SO much food: calamari, lobster corndog (killer), tuna tar-tar, flatbread (fancy pizza), steak, cheesy mashed potatoes, and a zillion desserts. Oh, and WINE. I think we went through at least four bottles, one of which was a "magnum" bottle... which was about two bottles in one.

I also had a birthday dessert with candles and everything! Here I am blowing out my THREE (not 29) candles and thinking of my birthday wish (only Jill and I really know what it is... it's a SECRET).

After dinner we went out to their outdoor patio, 'The Grove,' which was soooo nice. Our waitress got off work and joined us out there, and we all sat around at built in wooden tables with customer cushions and chatted. After that we ended up at CVP, a bar I will never go to again. There was a bit of an altercation (that I did not cause), and I got thrown to the ground by the bouncer, banged up my knee, destroyed my pants, and today I have a nice bruise forming. Rob fared worse with a fractured hand... the whole thing sucked. Without getting into too many details, I think I am going to press assault charges against the bouncer, but I have to talk to the officer tonight to discuss it a little more. I hate mean people.

But not to end on a sour note... the evening as a whole was so great. I have to thank my friends for completely going out of their way for me. You all made my birthday so fabulous, and I am so very grateful to have you guys as friends. Thank you, thank you, thank you... it was such a great way to celebrate my birthday, my eye surgeries coming to an end (finally), and our friendship. I owe you all big time.

7 Comments:

Blogger Missy B said...

They broke one of your friends? That is horrible.
I am glad the rest of the night was fun. Your eyes look great. My friends were red for weeks.

July 16, 2006 11:33 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

That totally sucks! I'm never going to the CVP anymore either. (Not that I've ever gone there before, but, y'know, solidarity). Hope Rob's hand is feeling better.

July 17, 2006 8:34 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

I think I need some more details!! Glad you still had some fun though...

July 17, 2006 8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee...my birthday party yesterday was so dull compared to yours. All I got was huge squeals of DA DA DA DA from Lily. But she turned on the cute button when she did it.

Sorry to hoave your's go a bit sour.

Maybe my real one on Wednesday will live up to your billing....

July 17, 2006 12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll take them bastards down! Had a blast, please have another birthday soon. It doesn't have to be your 30th.

July 17, 2006 10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sister, the celebration was awesome. You know I love you!!!! Happy 29th, maybe next time I won't be such a party pooper ;0)

Heather 10" Milam in the house!!

July 18, 2006 3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just from what you said, I doubt you'd be able to file assault charges. When a bouncer is trying to control a crowd, sometimes bystanders get hurt. You just have to deal with your ruined pants and be thankful nothing else happened, because they're not going to punish him.

July 18, 2006 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home