Monday, July 10, 2006

I am 29 Years Old Today

Oh. My. Goodness.

I can't believe it, I'm 29. I am now just a jump away from 30, and there is so much I wanted to do before I hit that number. I'm not depressed about it, please don't think that... I am just slightly bothered by it. It's definitely some sort of milestone in a gal's life to be 29. If 'the questions' haven't started before now, they will... 'when are you getting married,' 'when are you going to settle down?' Ugh. I am really not looking forward to that.

It's not so much the 2-9 that I bother me, but rather that I only have 12 months left to be in the 2s. I'm not crazy about that. I'm not ready to be a whole new set of numbers. After this year, I will never get to be a 2 again, and although I don't want to relive my twenties (no way), I'm not 100% ready to leave them.

My mom sent me one of those 'birthday calculators' yesterday, and it calculated the following as of 7/10/2006 12:23:47 AM EDT:
I am 29 years old.
I am 348 months old.
I am 1,513 weeks old.
I am 10,592 days old.
I am 254,208 hours old.
I am 15,252,503 minutes old.
I am 915,150,227 seconds old.


(That's a lot of time that's gone by!)

I am 4.14559686888454 dog-years old. (At least my dog is older than I am!)

Yes I am 29 today, and I have no big plans for the next 24 hours, which is okay. I didn't take the day off, I don't have lunch plans or evening plans. It'll be a regular day, except for the fact that when it's over I will only have 364 more days left in the 2s. I'll get over the fact that I'm 29 eventually - I'm just not completely sold on it yet.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! congrats on being closer to 30 than i am *tee hee hee* No really, hope you have a wonderful day. wish i could be there with you...

July 10, 2006 10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

I trust you had a good day?

I say that because in only 364 days you can no longer be trusted, right?

Or did he get older and move it to the next decade?

July 10, 2006 6:14 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

Happy birthday lady!!!! Your birthday sounds a lot like mine work and presentations. I have just realized you and my Husband have the same birthday. Have a great one.

July 10, 2006 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home