Saturday, July 08, 2006

Netflix and Hot Sausage

The hot sausage refers to my dinner... I haven't started on the Coronas because I meant to buy MILD sausage, and instead I bought HOT. I figured that I might need milk with the hot sausage, so we'll see if I get back to the Coronas later, or if I stay with the milk.

Milk is good.

So I just watched Network, a movie from 1976 starring Faye Dunaway and Robert Duvall. It was nominated for Best Picture in 1977, and won five other awards that year, and DAMN... it is good. It is definitely "I think I want to buy it" good. The plot is completely extraordinary and outlandish, or at least we'd like to think so, wouldn't we?

Movie Description from Netflix:
Paddy Chayefsky predicted today's rash of trash television and shock-laden news broadcasts. The writer of Marty created network news anchor Howard Beale (Peter Finch), who loses his mind on the air. Unfortunately, his outrageous rants boost the ratings and intrigue cutthroat network executives Faye Dunaway and Robert Duvall. William Holden contrasts their avarice as an old-school TV journalist hopelessly out of step.

For the record, this movie was NOT recommended by Netflix based on my past ratings. Although I LOVED Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, I hated Annie Hall. I've got to say that it's relatively amusing to me that this movie is a spoof on the Nielsen Media ratings system, because I have applied to be one of those folks. I just thought it would be a lot of fun, and I happen to like being entertained by television, so it seemed appropriate.

Anyway... I'd love to hear anyone else's feedback on this movie. I just loved it, loved it, loved it. Now on to the next one...

4 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

The next one tonight? Er, this morning? you're a trooper!

No, no, no. No milk! Beer is great to drink with spicy food. See, the spicy food makes you want to drink more often, and you have to drink more than you might want to otherwise to quench the spiciness!

That way, you get drunker faster, yes?

July 09, 2006 12:53 AM  
Blogger Charissa said...

What good is that if I'm home alone? If I DO get drunk, who's going to hold my hair?

:)

July 09, 2006 1:04 AM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

You've got two hands! One for the porcelin throne, one for your hair! :)

July 09, 2006 1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a great movie, by the way....

July 09, 2006 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home