Thursday, July 13, 2006

Quick Surgery Update #2

I have no idea how I am going to go to work tomorrow. I'm functional, it's not that, but I have zero motivation. I have napped four times today, and I'm not a napping kind of gal.

My eyes don't actually hurt anymore, but they did yesterday night. It felt like I had sand beneath my eyelids, and they watered continuously. I was popping Tylenol like it was going out of style. Today they are achey and tired, but with very little pain.

Oddly, they are kind of bloodshot, but not in the normal sense of the word. They are red on the sides from the suctioning. Right before the laser makes the corrections, a small suction "holds" my eyeball so that it doesn't move. Here is a close up photo of them for you. They really don't feel as bad as they look.

Every time I lay down I have to tape eye shields to my face so that I don't accidentally bump or rub my eyes - or fall asleep and damage something. It's a pretty hot look, and it actually lends itself quite well to the cat-lady (or dog-lady) image that I am going for. :)

So now I am just trying to heal and rest up as much as I can in preparation for Saturday, when a group of us are going out to celebrate my birthday. I am so excited, although I might have to ask someone for a ride there (wink, wink) and take a taxi home. I am getting a sneaking suspicion that I shouldn't be driving in the dark. Halos aren't just for angels anymore.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be more than happy to drive you on Saturday...it IS your party. You'd better not come to work tomorrow!

July 13, 2006 9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, I am reminded of a game(?) in our family about "look-in-eye".....

Glad to know everything went well.

July 14, 2006 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home