Monday, July 10, 2006

STRESSED

(Funny advertisement that Heather gave me after work. It seemed strangely appropriate after the day I had.)

What a birthday. Twenty minutes after I came into work, I was asked to participate in a conference call where I was assigned a project that could easily take me a full week to complete. Unfortunately for everyone involved, I have another important project due Friday, and I am out of the office Wednesday and Thursday for my final eye surgery. Here's the funny part: I'm the only one who can really do it.

God bless Jill, because she'll be helping me out on a few parts, but the problem isn't that it's a hard project, it's just that most of the project is manual labor... looking up data from other reports and plugging it in, one piece at a time. I just happen to know where all of those pieces of information are located.

So here I sit, trying to decide if I am going to go jogging or not. A small rain shower just went through, and although it might be over, there's potential for another scattered storm. Wouldn't that be just my luck? I am tired and frustrated, and I have zero motivation (even though I brought home some of the "regular" work that I would normally be completing during an average week).

Hopefully I'll have happier thoughts for you later tonight...

1 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

sorry for the stress, but just think, soon you will be able to see your projects more clearly :)

July 10, 2006 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home