Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wednesday's Beef and Noodles

Tonight I cooked the third meal on my mission to eat all of the random foods in my kitchen. I sauteed onions in soy sauce, then browned beef tips in the onion/soy before adding water, garlic powder, and beef bouillon to the same skillet. While I let that simmer, I made roasted pork gravy (from a packet that I had) and egg noodles. I added the gravy to the skillet with the simmering beef, brought it to a boil, then finally topped it all over the egg noodles.

I gotta tell ya - it's gooooood.

My main concern tonight was that I would cook something bland. I'm still a novice at using spices properly, so I was afraid that it would be edible, but boring. Man was I wrong! I can't really taste soy in the final product, but the beef tips have a lot of fun flavor that must be from the soy.

This meal is just plain delicious, so I think my cooking creativity is 3 for 3. I'm so excited that I haven't ruined anything yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home