Sunday, August 06, 2006

King Kong

Okay, so I just watched King Kong. Snay obviously didn't like this movie, but I gotta tell you... I did like it. I didn't love it, but overall I thought the special effects were pretty darn good - especially the Kong vs. animals of the jungle scenes - those were fantastic! (With the exception of the swampy-worm things eating the one guy face-first... that made me very nauseous.)

Okay, so it was long. And there may have been too many "ooooh, scary beast" scenes, or "ooooh, the pretty girl is screaming" scenes, but it was still enjoyable to watch the action scenes. Besides, I've always been a fan of Adrien Brody, and Jack Black wasn't so bad either.

Overall - I'll give 4 out of 5 stars in Netflix. King Kong received high marks for action, adventure and computer-generated effects... and in my world of computer games and being a bit of a computer geek - that's something to be proud of.

1 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

You'll probably be first in line to check out the -- yeah, like you never saw this coming -- extended cut (Peter Jackson! Is a three hour movie not short enough for you or something?!) on DVD Nov. 14th ... featuring an additional forty minutes of movie. Good dear god. What could possibly be ADDED?!

August 06, 2006 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home