Saturday, August 05, 2006

V for Vendetta

Wow. I just watched this movie, and it was really, really good.

V for Vendetta completely impressed me. I'd read a number of movie reviews and plot summaries after the movie came out in the theatres, but they didn't make sense until I actually watched the story unfold. The movie has a bit of a superhero vibe to it, but it's also more political than any decent superhero movie that I've seen. It could probably be best described as Action meets Special Interest. Not that it's meant to be taken seriously, of course. ;)

Now I'm not one to read too far into any movie, book or story, but I'm likely to have a higher opinion of it if I am left pondering questions and ideas after the story has ended. It's not necessarily the capability of a story to make you believe, but how effective it is at causing you to think.

I borrowed this movie from Richie, but even so I'll still rank it 4 out of 5 starts in Netflix. Definitely worth seeing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

It's a good one. Glad you enjoyed it. Richie's got good taste in flicks.

August 05, 2006 1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home