Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Netflix and Pajamas

Today was a long bloody day. I really wanted to go jogging with my camera and take some photos, but when the heat index is in the triple digits, it's best to just stay in - so that's what I did. Luckily for me, a movie came from Netflix today. So instead of burning off some anxiety (and a few calories), I opted for pajamas, my couch, and to be entertained.

Last weekend, NPR Junkie watched Robots and blogged about it. I don't know why this movie was never in my queue, but I added it Saturday, moved it to the top of my list, and received it today. Netflix is the coolest.

Robots is a very charming movie overall. It has several clever one-liners and jokes ("making a baby is the fun part") that make you smile rather than groan. I recognized a number of the robots' voices, including Robin Williams, Mel Brooks and Ewan McGregor (blush). Aaaah, Ewan. I heart Ewan.

Oh, right - the movie. I recommend it. I'd like to give it 3.5 stars (out of five), but Netflix only lets me rate movies in whole stars, so I gave it a 3 because I "liked it." A few of the action scenes were too long for my taste (it is a cartoon after all), otherwise it would have been an easy 4.

2 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I remember seeing ROBOTS at the Avenue, and I think that was the last time I was at the Avenue until Tuesday.

August 03, 2006 12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that movie. Seen it about 6 times becasue of the grandkids - but still makes me smile. Remember the line "Who wants fixed!?" :-)

August 03, 2006 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home