Saturday, August 05, 2006

BYOB and a Side Dish

Antonio and I will be off to the Fiesta tonight at 6:00 PM. For those of you who haven't read earlier posts, it's an annual party at Jill's parents' house. This year the attendance will probably exceed 60 people - Jill and Rob's friends alone add up to over 30. It's a HUGE event, and this will be my first time.

I spent all morning cleaning - well, I finally got out of bed at 10:30, so I actually spent all noontime and afternoon cleaning - and doing laundry. I'm mildly afraid of how I'll feel when I return home, so I wanted to make sure that I came home to organization instead of chaos. There is nothing worse than coming home after travel (or sickness) to an unkempt house. So I've vacuumed, dusted, scrubbed, laundered, washed the dishes and taken out the trash. I feel like a bit of a wonder woman right now, although I still have to shower.

So back to the Fiesta...

It's BYOB and a side dish. Since I'm assuming all of the typical summer salads (pasta, potato, etc) will be covered, and there's just no need for a "classy" (and likely experimental) dish, I opted for cheese cubes. Jill approved. Unfortunately and to my dismay, Safeway no longer carries the pre-cubed cheese! Wha? Really? I think I walked the cheese aisle about ten times... but no amount of looking was going to make them appear. Oh well, I bought the block cheese and cubed my own. I even have a perfect tupperware thingy for it! I am so damn domestic it's painful. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger kris said...

LOVE how you put equal white & yellow cheeses in the center bin! You martha, you!

August 06, 2006 12:17 PM  
Blogger NPR Junky said...

HA! I hadn't even realized that, Charissa! You ARE a domestic goddess. You should come dine with us in DE sometime, and show us how it's done.

Can you come teach me how to clean my house? I need to get on that, too.

August 06, 2006 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home