Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Fiesta

Wow, there were a lot of people there. I'll estimate 75 or so, and I imagine I only knew around 25. There was volleyball, soccer, ice luge, drinking games and basketball. Here are some photos of the ice luge.

Jaclyn and I on my first and only time on the ice luge. They must have given me three shots worth of coconut rum, and I assure you that it doesn't taste so good taken straight up and in large quantities.



That's right, this is Jill's grandma, Gmom! And she did ice luge more than once!






Andy let Baby Carter have a try, with his parents' permission of course. (No babies were harmed during the taking of this photo.)





The rum from the ice luge hit me pretty hard. I was only half of a beer down, but I was already feeling tipsy after that. So I decided to slooooow dooooown a bit. I think I got there at 6:30, and by 9:00 PM I realized I hadn't eaten, so I went inside and had a hot dog, cheese, chips and dip and some of Richie's watergate dessert (very good by the way!).

The dogs alternated between time on leads and in the dog run that we created. This photo shows Antonio (smallest doxie), Frank (larger doxie) and Rocky (jug/jack russell and pug mix).


There was a 14 year old who hit the ice luge a few too many times (yes, his mom was there). He called me his girlfriend, which is sweet, but creepy because I realized that I am more than DOUBLE his age. What a way to make me feel old.

Here are Jill's siblings - Jaclyn, Jessica, Joey and Jill







And here is a photo of Richie and I at the end of the night. I stopped drinking at 11 or 11:30 PM and drove home at 12:30. Even though I brought a case of coronas (12), I only had three of them - the rest disappeared. Argh. In total, I had 3 coronas and the one hit on the ice luge. Not bad at all. And I'm not paying for anything today which makes it even more worthwhile. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger NPR Junky said...

I had never known what an Ice Luge was until I saw this post. This was extremely informative. So it's kinda like a beer bong, but colder, right?

I'm glad you had a good time!

August 06, 2006 1:27 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I saw the first picture and my only thought was, "Kilroy was there!"

August 06, 2006 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home