Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Netflix and Alfredo

Tonight I made Fettuccine Alfredo. Both the pasta and the Alfredo packet are still left over from my quest to eat everything from my kitchen, so although I shopped last week for the first time in over a month (only $82 at Safeway!), the quest is still on. It was good; I only wish I had broccoli to add to it. I would've added chicken, but I was too lazy to bother thawing it today.

Movie Update: I just watched Proof with Gwenyth Paltrow and Anthony Hopkins. Back in September 2005, I saw it on stage at a community theatre in Ohio, starring Holly Humes... a childhood friend of mine. (Incidentally, her boyfriend also proposed to her that night. They are getting married next month.)

I really liked the story of Proof then, and I really like it now. Superb acting - I've always liked both leading actors. It had some dialogue issues, which is what I call those awkward sections of dialogue where the back and forth feels more suited for stage than for film, but once those passed (mostly in the beginning) the movie progressed smoothly.

I don't think this movie received too much press when it was first released, so if you are hearing about it for the first time now, go add it to your Netflix queue.

Great story. Great actors. Great script. Four stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home