Saturday, August 12, 2006

Saturday in the Park with Antonio

Antonio and I spent about two hours in Patterson Park today. We parked on the north side of the park and walked in toward the duck pond. After walking awhile, I found a large tree with a lot of shade, and we spread out on a blanket.

I'm still reading The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress, so I relaxed completely and enjoyed my book. Antonio, on the other hand, spent most of his time people/dog/stroller/bike/car watching... I think we'll try to do this on a more regular basis (maybe once a week?).

6 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I'm looking forward to starting that book! I'm about fifty pages into "Owen Meaney." It's very good ...

August 12, 2006 10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Owen Meaney - great book

August 12, 2006 10:43 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

It is! I was like, "no no no" when I got to the point where Tabitha died and it became more and more clear that Owen was the instrument of her death. How horrible?! "YOUR MOTHER HAS PERFECT BREASTS!" that whole conversation between Owen and the narrator is hilarious!

August 12, 2006 10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Owen Meaney? Great book.

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress? Also great.

And both of them take interesting turns as you get toward the end. Enjoy them. I may have to go re-read them just for the fun of it.

August 12, 2006 11:34 PM  
Blogger Brian Sacawa said...

Now by "reading" do you actually mean reading or do you really meaning listening to?

August 13, 2006 8:51 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Me? Reading. Shutup. :)

August 13, 2006 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home