Saturday, August 12, 2006

Netflix'ing Brokeback Mountain

I just watched Brokeback Mountain, although I really should have been cleaning since Stephanie is coming over tomorrow.

About six months or so ago, Angela emailed us college girls saying that she saw Brokeback Mountain and didn't like it. She said it was slow... and that she fell asleep. When I mentioned last night that I had Brokeback Mountain at home, Tiffany said she loved it.

So I just watched it, and minus the "I'm A Cowboy" posturing that happened throughout the movie, and the slow start... I really liked it too. I imagine that a few scenes would make most men squirmy, but I wasn't very bothered. There's a whole lot worse out there than this movie.

Just like Tiffany said, it's a love story. I admit that it was unusual to watch a love story with two men, but it was still a love story. All of the challenges and obstacles (okay, plus a few more) that come with loving someone still applied in this movie. It was heart-wrenching, and it was sad.

Four out of five stars.

Antonio are going to go read at Patterson Park.

2 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I saw the movie, and I'll admit two things: one, I liked it a lot. Two, I fast-forwarded through a couple of the early "uncomfortable" sequences. (It's not a VCR! Why do I still call it "fast forwarding"?)

Of course, if you're describing the movie to any guys you know who don't want to see it, make sure to tell them that there's more female nudity in the form of Michelle Williams & Ann Hathaway!

August 12, 2006 10:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I called it Slingback Mountain because I couldn't understand a word Heath Ledger was saying. He sounded like Billy Bob Thornton in Slingblade.

August 14, 2006 9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home