Monday, August 14, 2006

Hell YA! Kitchen

Two things.

First, I am very proud of myself. Tonight I took very mediocre leftovers from Shuckers and made them better for dinner. I ordered Pasta Primavera yesterday when I was with Stephanie, but it was tasteless and boring. So today I improved it. I cooked chicken in olive oil with season salt and other mixed seasonings and then tossed that with lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. I mixed the chicken into the mediocre Pasta Primavera, and VOILA! Masterpiece.... or, at least better.

Second.... Heather WON Hell's Kitchen! YES! I am THRILLED. I am so glad. This girl has determination, confidence, talent, skill, and persistence - all qualities that I respect and value in a person. So what if she came across as harsh at times? So what if her manner was abrasive when she was in the heat of the kitchen? This girl GOT THINGS DONE. She expected A quality work from herself and her team, and she was entirely capable of producing it. I love that people like Heather are rewarded for kicking ass. It's that kind of thing that makes me want to wake up tomorrow and start another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home