Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Word of the Day

Someone of consequence said this word to me today and it made me very, very happy. I will provide no context at all, but as a result of this person's use of said word, I have chosen this as my word of the day. Or maybe of the week.

no-brain·er (nō'brā'ner) n. Informal. Something so simple or easy as to require no thought.

NO-BRAINER (slang) a decision-making situation where the correct choice is so obvious that it requires no thought.

no-brainer (slang) Something that is perfectly obvious; easy to do, requiring very little effort.

6:10 PM Update: I should have a contest for whoever guesses how my word of the day was used, but I won't announce it publicly, so maybe that's a bad idea...

3 Comments:

Blogger Brian Sacawa said...

Taking that new job was a no-brainer...?

August 16, 2006 7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's hope it was a response to an idea you had at the office, thus making the oppression not as bad as it has been.

That said, bad things tended to come to those of us who heard it from an old boss of mine. Long story short, when he said that, we tended to get into trouble.

August 16, 2006 8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone you liked said it was a no-brainer that they liked you? Ok, that guess makes me sound juvenile.

August 17, 2006 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home