Thursday, November 02, 2006

PUI

I have to give a hat tip to Jill for this one. Since I came home WAY too late from our blogger happy hour, I deserve this title/description for my blog.... even if I had only three drinks in total.

PUI: Posting Under the Influence. Posting on blogs or Internet forums while under the influence of any mind-altering substance (usually alcohol). You may have a tinge of regret about a PUI the next day, but you're going to feel really stupid when it comes up at your next job interview.

Luckily, there's no job interview in my immediate future.

That said, I really enjoyed meeting so many of the Baltimore blogger crowd tonight. The bar was slightly questionable (don't argue with me, Snay), but it was really nice to meet many of you face to face. Many of us found lots of other non-blogger stuff to talk about (i.e., I heart Eddie Izzard) which was absolutely great for a group that seems to have only the blog-world in common. I'll definitely be adding a few of you folk to my blogroll. I wish I could have stayed longer... I really do.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eddie Izzard is hilarious! Saw his stand-up on HBO (if I remember correctly) a few years back and my sides were sore from laughing for several days. I loved him in Shadow of the Vampire too. Glad you had a good time at the blogger HH. See ya tonight. :)

November 02, 2006 7:32 AM  
Blogger kris said...

No, really. I'm an 'executive' geisha. I heart Izzard. T'was nice to meet you. :)

November 02, 2006 7:32 AM  
Blogger NPR Junky said...

C, it was great to finally meet you! I hope I didn't piss you off by being shocked that I'm about a foot taller than you are. I'm glad you were able to make it!

November 02, 2006 8:13 AM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

That bar has SO much character it isn't funny. Didn't you see the 40's era washer in the corner acting as a flower holder?

Wait until you see Molly's Pub ...

November 02, 2006 8:17 AM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

it was whey cool.

someone needs to make an eddie izzard post. i need to know where to start in my enjoyment of this artist.

$

November 02, 2006 8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, if you want to go into some truly sketchy bars, I know way too many. Dizzy Issie's is nothing compared to some of the bars I have been to in South Baltimore.

It was good to meet you, and here's hoping we all get together for another one in the not-too-distant future.

November 02, 2006 10:01 AM  
Blogger Charissa said...

I'm all over the Izzard post... give me time to put it together. I pretty much own everything he's done.

Jason: So I'm uninvited to your party, eh? ;)

November 02, 2006 7:17 PM  
Blogger Jamaila said...

It was super fun! I'm glad you came out! (For that matter, I'm glad I came out, too!)

And don't worry, you only get uninvited to Jason's parties when you make fun of his hair for like four straight hours. Not that I would know or anything. ;)

November 03, 2006 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home