Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Netflix and Napping

I just watched Water, a glorious movie about the lives of Hindu widows. The cinematography alone was beautiful, but the story - the awakening, if you will, of a people - was moving. It was both sweet and tragic at different moments... and the end was powerful.

Netflix recommended this movie to me because I rated the following movies 5 stars. If you have similar tastes, I would recommend adding this movie to your queue today.
- Born Into Brothels
- Whale Rider
- Frida
- Hotel Rwanda
- Pride and Prejudice (2-Disc Series)
- The Red Violin
- Amelie
- Elizabeth

In my opinion, the only weakness of the movie was its dialogue. But because it's originally in Hindi, and I was reading subtitles, I am choosing not to hold that against the movie. I'm rating it 5 stars as well... I loved it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Broadsheet said...

I LOVED Water and the Red Violin!! Great, great movies. You know Water is part of a trilogy don't you? Try finding "Fire" and "Earth" on Netflix and watch them too!

December 28, 2006 9:17 AM  
Blogger julie said...

I have not seen it, but I like most of the movies on your list. You should be my Netflix friend! Watch out for Snay, though. He'll hound you about putting the Lost series in your queue.

December 28, 2006 4:09 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

The Red Violin is one of my favorite movies. I've never seen Water, I'm going to add that to my BB queue. If you haven't seen Wicker Park or Friends with Money add those to your NF queue.

I changed some things on my page and linked to you, hope that's ok. :)

December 28, 2006 6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked the movie pictures.

December 28, 2006 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home