Monday, February 19, 2007

Sometimes I Just LOVE My Life

"Dear Lord baby Jesus, I thank you for these gifts of power tools with their yellow and black or orange and black branded logos. Oh sweet, sweet baby Jesus in your golden fleece diapers... please help me to use these power tools to your liking and create something beautiful and heavenly... or at least hang a nice picture sometime. Amen."

Okay, baby Jesus did not get me these power tools, but a good friend of mine did. I got a FREE power drill, drill bits, screw bits, a 25ft tape measure and a laser level (so now I can return Rob & Jill's to them).

A gift of power tools! Does life get any better?

7 Comments:

Blogger NPR Junky said...

C, no, life does NOT get any better. Good lord, woman! Sweet sweet tiny baby Jesus really came through for you tonight!

February 19, 2007 10:05 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

NICE. Dad always said that a girl needs her own tools. Now to fit with my father's rules you would have to get out the sharpie and label them with your last name. He labeled everything including the tool box.

February 19, 2007 10:26 PM  
Blogger julie said...

Nice! I got a new drill and bits last year and I was so excited.

(Better yet, engrave your tools with your drivers license number. If they ever get stolen, the cops will know they're yours.)

February 19, 2007 10:40 PM  
Blogger danielle said...

Funny thing is I don't have a lot of tools, at least power tools, so I am always borrowing my bf's. But, I did inherit a lifetime supply of hardware, screws, nails, hooks, etc., from the previous owner of my house, which I found pretty awesome. Maybe sweet baby Jesus was behind that, too. He does work in mysterious ways. :)

February 19, 2007 11:03 PM  
Blogger cherylann said...

i think you are a diamond in the rough Charissa. Are you sure you don't have a billion guys lined up outside your door? Honestly... this post cemented you into the top 10 greatest people I "know".

February 20, 2007 1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Certainly you have a stud finder somewhere in your set of tools.

February 20, 2007 8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i forgot you still had that, love. i've just been eye-balling everything i hang :)

February 20, 2007 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home