Monday, April 16, 2007

A Horrible Day in Virgina

I heard about the shooting while I was at work today, but never got a chance to get online and investigate what happened. Now I am sitting on my couch watching the press conference and totally creeped out. What the freakin' heck?

You know, I'm not sure if these types of things are worse when you are young and innocent or when you are older and wiser, but this is really, really bothering me. I haven't cried or anything (yet), but it's shocking. It's scary. It's absolutely unreal that people are capable of these things. I don't know why I am constantly surprised by evil. Every time something happens, whether it's Columbine, 9-11, or today, I am surprised. Am I naive? Is it naive to think that most people try to be fair and decent and good?

My heart is just breaking right now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

It isn't that most people aren't good, Charissa, it's that a few people are so cruel as to take out their rage against the world on innocent people who did nothing to contribute to said person's failures in life.

April 17, 2007 9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most people are good. Don't let the fear get to you. One act gets so much attention we forget that people are helping one another everyday of the year and amidst this tragedy as with all others at least one person will stand out as a hero. Their selflessness outweighs this person's horrible act in all ways.

April 17, 2007 10:11 AM  
Blogger Summer said...

sadly, I'm not surprised any longer... and I think that makes it worse.

April 17, 2007 5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home