Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Eye Appointment

So I finally had my follow up eye appointment today. For those of you who know me well, you know that I had three eye surgeries last year. For those that don't, you can read about the first two HERE and the third one HERE.

I hadn't seen the eye doctor in over 6 months, mostly because my new job is so far away from Bel Air, so my appointment was long overdue. So what is her diagnosis? I still have an astigmatism in my right eye that can be corrected, so she is making a recommendation to the surgeon for it to be fixed. Totally cool.

I've noticed for awhile that the vision in my right eye is off, so I figured this was coming. I'm really not surprised. Mostly, I'm just relieved to be moving forward - just one step closer to having this process completed. The procedure being recommended is called Radial Keratotomy. It's essentially a bunch of cuts into my cornea with a diamond knife, but it's an out patient procedure, and because it's just one eye, I can drive myself home.

So... that's that. Details forthcoming.

1 Comments:

Blogger danielle said...

Good luck with that and thanks for giving me hope. You're the only person I know with precorrected vision worse than mine.

April 13, 2007 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home