Saturday, April 21, 2007

Slight Shock

We had a great bonfire last night with plenty of adult folk, kid folk and dog folk. I met Annie, which was tons of fun (Photos coming, soon... she wants to be on the blog. Yay!) As usual, I stayed until way too late (1 AM), and had a miserable time driving home because I was so tired. I know, I'm stupid. Anyway... I had to park around back because all of the street spots were taken, and since it was my own block, I let Antonio walk, sans lease, to the door.

Mistake.

Rat ran by.

Antonio chased.

I screamed 'Antonio, NO' in a very deep, VERY loud, authoritative voice.

Antonio froze.

Slight shock. Never would have thought that my command would have trumped instinct. Cool lesson learned.

(For the record, I picked him up when he froze and carried him the rest of the way.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's SUCH a good boy :) Must be from all those times we chased him around Hickory screaming his name as a puppy... Nice job, mom ;)

April 21, 2007 2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so great meeting you Charissa, I got some great photos of the Bonfire Night, I will get them to you tonight....email me your email adress at anniehorsky@yahoo.com, so that I can send them to you there...
You are so much fun!
~Annie

April 23, 2007 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home