Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The "30" Project #2

I ran a marathon.

Well, I ran seventeen or so miles of a marathon. Well, actually... I jogged a marathon. It was the Flying Pig Marathon in Cincinnati, Ohio. Looking back, I don't believe I trained as well as I should have (although I did train a lot), and I hurt my ankle somewhere around mile 9 which slowed me down, but I am still pretty darn proud that I did what I did. I raised quite a bit of money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Foundation, which was my primary goal for the event anyway.

Somewhere there are photos but I can't find any (mom?). My parents drove down and watched me run, and they carried signs saying "Go Rissa" and showed up cheering for me at various points along the marathon route. I remember I hurt something fierce for about a week afterward, and although I will never attempt another full marathon again, I've been toying with doing a half or a team marathon lately.

Just an idea. ;)

Update:
Photos courtesy of my momma. :)

This is me towards the beginning of the race. I'm in the American flag shorts. (Sexy, huh?)

This is me at mile marker 16. I was pooped by this point.

5 Comments:

Blogger Missy B said...

They have a half marathon at Disney that I would love to try. Let me know if you want to come down. It is sometime in January.

June 12, 2007 8:02 PM  
Blogger danielle said...

That's awesome.

The Baltimore Marathon has a half-marathon and a team relay.

June 13, 2007 11:19 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm doing the half in Disney next January! You should look into it, it may already be full though.

June 13, 2007 1:45 PM  
Blogger julie said...

That's great. I hate running so much (I get bored). You rock!

June 13, 2007 2:39 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

those are some hot shorts!! :)

June 14, 2007 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home