Friday, June 15, 2007

The "30" Project #4

I've been a host on the radio.

When I was in high school, my intention was to major in journalism, and although I wanted to be a TV journalist, I was able to get a (one day) gig at a local talk radio station. It was a station that my mom listened to regularly, so we were familiar with the hosts already on the morning show, and they let me come in, sit in the studio, and participate in the banter with callers.

I suppose this would be a lot more fun today, now that I'm a little more outspoken (and funny), but at the time I was just giddy with excitement. It was such a neat opportunity, and since one of the hosts was an attractive female, I could completely see myself in that role.

Years later I won tickets to see David Copperfield after calling in and winning a contest. And years after that, the station went pseudo conservative, so we stopped listening. Eventually, I decided to major in marketing anyway, but what a neat experience for a high school student with big dreams.

1 Comments:

Blogger danielle said...

That is neat!

Do you ever listen to the 106.5 morning show - JoJo and Reagan? I had class and mutual friends with Reagan at college. And I have a very funny picture of him in drag for Halloween.

June 15, 2007 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home