Saturday, June 16, 2007

The "30" Project #5 & 6

I can cook, and I'm relatively self-sufficient.

I thought I'd combine two of my accomplishments since I'm behind a day. That's what I get for having a work dinner and work event two nights in a row.

So I can cook. From casseroles and burgers to broiled chicken and homemade apple butter, I've pushed myself over the last five years or so to learn how to use different foods and spices to make meals interesting. I've made a few inedible meals in my day in my quest for becoming a decent cook, which only means that I dare to be creative. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I take a lot of pride in the food that I create, and although I still have a long way to go... I still have plenty of years to perfect my skills.

As far as self-sufficiency, I have done a number of projects in my 29+ years that qualify me as DIY single gal extraordinaire. I've built furniture, stripped paint, stained decks, planted flowers, mowed lawns, framed and hung photos, and fixed my dryer and toilet. I've also added a hard drive to my computer and replaced the keyboard on my laptop. I own a power drill, staple gun and tools, and have not only decorated, but also painted most of the places I've lived. The only thing that holds me back in projects is my short stature and a pair of short arms. Certainly it isn't my lack of initiative.... ;)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Relative self-sufficiency by the time I was 30 was just an unreachable pipe dream of a goal for me. I'm amazed you were able to become such within three decades of life. You truly are an inspiration!

June 16, 2007 4:25 PM  
Blogger cherylann said...

you amaze me.

June 17, 2007 3:00 AM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Aaawwww... so sweet of you. Now I'm gonna have to go build a table or something. :)

June 17, 2007 12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home