Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The "30" Project #30

I am completely capable of throwing a kick ass party.

Wow. Thanks to all of you who came out last night. Photos will be posted in a few days, but I need to collect a number of them from attendees to see exactly what I've got. It was a rocking night - that's for sure. Dinner was so yummy, but I was so excited that it was hard to eat (never good before drinking). I believe it was Jodi who led the table in "Happy Birthday" which was just the absolute coolest thing ever. Yes, I know... I'm easily pleased.

We continued our party across the street where Wes and Drew were playing. Details towards the end of the night are a bit blurry, but Jodi assures me that I wasn't too much of an embarrassment to myself, so I feel confident that my good name has been kept in tact. (Ha!) I am actually rather functional today (and better by the hour), but that is probably because I was sick last night rather than this morning. So far... no headache. :)

There's some strange sort of empowerment in throwing my own 30th birthday party. Over the last thirty days I have taken a good hard (and sometimes silly) look at myself and who I've become. I have to say, whether egotistical or not, that I have turned out relatively well. I am proud of what I've accomplished in my life, and yet when all of those accomplishments are stripped away, I am pretty happy with the person on the inside, too. Life seldom turns out the way you plan it, and I think I've done a pretty good job rolling with the punches.

Over the last month, quite a few people have told me that their thirties were their best years. Life has been pretty good to me so far, and I can only wish that as I grow older my dreams continue to be realized, opportunities continue to present themselves, and health and happiness continue to follow me along my path.

Happy Birthday me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You trying to make Dad cry? Doing a pretty good job :) I couldn't ask for anything better than you as a daughter. Ok, I COULD have, but I think God would have given me one of those incredulous looks I get from you every once in a while :-)

Love you Rissa,
Dad

July 11, 2007 5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home