Friday, July 13, 2007

My Shiny, Shiny Car

My Company is really cool, in that we occasionally have special events at our HQ. Since I've been working there, we've had a retired NASCAR race car come through twice, where we could view the car, check out the trailer, get free stuff, etc. When we had our fiscal anniversary, they planned a picnic lunch for the whole company and an ice cream sundae break in the afternoon. And today, partially to raise money for our charity committee, the Company sponsored car detailing, with partial proceeds going to our charity fund. They do this stuff all of the time, so these are just a few examples, but it's a neat place to work.

Anyway, today's car detailing cost me $125 plus tip, but when I picked up my car at 5 PM, it was the prettiest, shiniest car I'd ever seen. $125 seemed steep for me, possibly because I can be, uh... hmmm... cheap.... but my car really needed cleaned and it was for a good cause, right? The interior is completely wiped clean, but it actually glistens. The carpets and seats were shampooed (water marks on my seats are gone, dad), and the outside just sparkles. I decided immediately that I would quickly write another check for this the next time I need it. No question. It even seems like the car drives better.

Shininess.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a moral booster too! I've done it a few times on my cars - usually when I've let it go for so long I was thinking about selling it LOL. But it gives you one of those small things to smile about, the most important part.

I do wish it was a bit cheaper though - until I think of why I usually don't do it myself!

July 13, 2007 7:10 AM  
Blogger danielle said...

Wow. My old car wasn't even worth $125 and the bumper was from a junkyard. It was red. We spray-painted it black. :)

My new car could use some TLC. Someone working on a sidewalk square appears to have splattered cement on it. Fun.

I feel good just when I get the deluxe car wash from Wash Works on Howard St. :)

I think your car deserved a bday present, too.

July 13, 2007 12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never had my car detailed, although I've got neighbors that swear by it. They're more concerned about how other people see their cars too.

I doubt I'd pay someone to do it. I'm too cheap to pay someone else to clean my car. Granted, I doubt I'd get off my duff long enough to probe every crevice with Q-tips and rubbing alcohol either...

I live out of my car too often for it to stay clean for long.

July 13, 2007 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

However, it won't drive better until you change the old air in the tires.

July 14, 2007 3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's awesome! Anyways, car really needs care and protection. One of the basic things that we can do is to keep them clean at all times. We could bring it to a car wash once in a while or personally do the washing. I for one, likes a car clean and shiny. That's why I see to it that I have it washed and also I see to it that each of my mercedes benz parts is also check to ensure that there is nothing wrong or defects. Car is an investment that needs proper maintenance.

July 17, 2007 3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home