Friday, August 03, 2007

Winding Down

I worked really hard this week (but within reason) so that I could take the weekend off. Tonight, CJ and I went to dinner at Canton Dockside. Can you believe she's never been there? (CJ, I can't believe you've never been there.) It is down by the water in Canton, with a great view of the industrial Canton waterfront.

I, of course, didn't pick crabs (I had salmon)... but CJ did! Here's CJ holding up a large crab for me to snap a photo of... keep in mind that I smashed exactly one claw with a mallet (twice). I just can't smash their little bodies to bits. I can't. CJ got full, though, and picked some crab meat for me. Oh, I love her so.

3 Comments:

Blogger jpb2525 said...

I don't eat anything that looks back at me! EEKS! (I love crab meat, but I don't want to work for it...) when was the last time you went out and gutted a cow? LOL!

August 04, 2007 1:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

SHAH-REE-SAH...

Hi! I'm TOM HYLAND, author of "BAWLMER, MERLYN - Home of The HONS"...

GOOGLED the title, and VOILA! Your blogsite was listed... read a bit, was impressed... and decided someone LOCAL needed to teach you how to properly PICK CRABS! SMASHING is a NO-NO in my book.

website: www.authorsden.com/tomhyland ....
visit? read? comment? Short Stories, Articles, Poetry, News, Blogs...

OH - in 20 days, I shall reach 67, so I AIN'T HITTIN' ON YOU...OKAY?

? Was TUSCAN SUN movie the one with KEANU REEVES as a soldier? and ANTHONY QUINN as the Grandfather? I LOVED IT!

CIAO! Tom.

August 05, 2007 3:38 AM  
Blogger Summer said...

Ha... Tomkat is GREAT! Take him up on his offer!!!

You DON'T SMASH THE CRABS!!!! NO NO NO!!!

You systematically cut them open and remove the guts. Pull back the apron and such... You may crack the claws with one whack of the mallet, but PLEASE don't smash them.

One of the people I regularly eat crabs with is a heart surgeon. He's so incredibly deliberate with his crabs that it is mesmerizing to watch... but you'd want a surgeon to be careful and have good knife skills, right? ;-)

August 06, 2007 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home