Monday, December 17, 2007

I'm Sure It Will Be Funny Tomorrow...

I'm sure it will be funny tomorrow when the staff at Canton Storage watches their security cameras and sees me trying to follow their rules. They'll see me parking next to the dumpster with my hatchback up and reading the signs that say, "Do Not Leave Trash Outside of Dumpster," and "Smile for the Camera." They might smile when they see my reaction as I look up and notice that the dumpster is close to 6 feet tall (and I am 5 feet tall), and they might start snickering when they watch as I try the sliding side doors (you know... the ones at waist level) and discover that they're both locked. I imagine it might be downright amusing for them to watch as I finally settle on using my telescoping ice scraper wand to hold the lid to the dumpster open, as I stand on my tip-toes and push my trash over the edge of the dumpster... one. box. at. a. time. Yeah. That might be funny... tomorrow, anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy B said...

I have so been there. It is a good thing they think Aubs will be 6 feet tall! I'll send her to help you out too.

December 17, 2007 10:42 PM  
Blogger Jim-the Classical Liberal (Views from the Right) said...

Yep...it is funny today! Love the mental image! :-)

I think that this is more preferable to hitting your head on things just above eye level (those damn video screens in airplanes now, for example).

BTW...this is why you need to find a tall guy...after all, our only purpose in life is to reach the top shelf for our vertically challenged friends!

December 18, 2007 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home