Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Elliott Update

Good Heavens... now Elliott's thyroid levels are too low. The vet called me today to report the results of that T4 blood test I paid for on Monday, and apparently my kitty cat is super sensitive. One pill a day is a "starter" low dose for cats, but that one silly pill took my cat from 7.9 to .4 (remember that 'normal' is between 1.2 and 2.0).

So we are cutting his dosage to a half of a pill a day, which is great because I think we're both pretty sick of me shoving a pill down his throat twice a day. We'll wait another two weeks now for another blood test. I've got my fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Charissa! Hope you've been good. About Elliot: have you tried pill pockets? They're genius treats that you fold the pill into. I know Dogma has them.

January 30, 2008 8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about the ups and downs with Elliott, I think you know I recently had my thyroid taken out...and my levels are still too low....and I am gaining weight from it!
SUCKS.
Best Wishes,
Annie

January 30, 2008 4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home