Thursday, January 03, 2008

The New PC...

...doesn't like my old hard drives. So much for an easy setup. Instead of transferring data, tonight I am downloading some of the basics (Google Toolbar, iTunes, etc), and installing some of my key games (Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, WarCraft, SimSocieties) so that I can plug in my saved games once I get access to my old hard drives.

The current plan is to buy a USB enclosure for my old hard drives and transfer the data that way (thanks, Dad and JJT, for the help). If anyone local happens to have one of these - let me know - otherwise, I'm on the hunt tomorrow. I HAVE to finish this project this weekend so that I can get ye 'ole iPod ready for my trip. And I'm leaving Monday first thing. I have my 25 gbs of music, The Sopranos: Seasons 1 and 2, and a bunch of borrowed movies to transfer to this thing for the flight. I am going to be very irritated if I can't make this happen by then.

3 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

D'oh! I thought there was going to be a photo of the sexy new machine!

January 04, 2008 7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@snay: Google the e520 for an image, and look at it there. It is a silver and black enclosure, as it was similar to the one I had that was stolen last Spring.

@charissa: Any luck on the enclosure?

January 04, 2008 11:20 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Where are you going? Just being nosy... btw- trying to remember that girl we were listening to while getting ready to go out. I want to download it

January 04, 2008 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home