Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Welcome 2008 and Welcome Isabella

Yesterday as the end of 2007 neared, I had news that my friend, Jess, was in labor. I left work a little early, ran my errands, and headed to Carroll County to see her. The full story is not mine to tell, but Isabella was born last night around 8:30 or so, and she is just stunning. Gorgeous. Congratulations to her parents (whom I adore), her family, and the rest of us who will love her dearly. Such is the miracle of life.

After staying around to make sure that mother and baby were fine, I headed home, and then to Rob and Jill's for festivities. Pictures to come later (I have surprisingly few on my own camera), but I did my best to catch up with the crowd when I arrived, and we toasted the new year at midnight. I had so much fun.

2008 is going to be absolutely amazing, I can feel it in my bones. And there was no better way to send off 2007 with the birth of a precious little girl and a celebration with good friends. Cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy B said...

Congratulations to your friend Jess. May you all enjoy every first with the new one born nearly on the first of the year.

January 02, 2008 12:24 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

How Exciting! Let them know I said congrats! I hope 2008 brings you to NYC at least for a visit!

January 02, 2008 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home