Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Elliott Update

Elliott had the endoscopy around 2:30 pm today. So far - success. The vets pulled a hard blue plastic thing from his stomach - I have no idea what this could be. I asked them to save it for me so that I could look at it, and I also had them take photos of his insides because I wanted to see what they saw. They said the lining of his stomach was thickened, so they took a few biopsies while they were already in there and those will be back within a week. Common sense is telling me that it could be scar tissue or calluses from that plastic thing.

I just called again before I started this post, and the vet tech said that Elliott is still pretty drowsy from the anesthetic, but his temperature is normal and his vitals have been good all day. They plan to check on him again at 9 pm tonight, and if he's feeling better they'll see if he's interested in some food.

I am feeling a lot better and very optimistic, but I'm still somewhat guarded until I can hold him myself and see how he is. I am very, very excited to go and pick him up him tomorrow night, and the traffic to Annapolis at 5 PM should be so much fun. I'll post more information once I see him for myself. Thanks for the happy thoughts, all. So far all of that good energy is working for us.

7 Comments:

Blogger Cham said...

That is nice that Elliot is okay. Maybe you can post some pictures of the blue plastic thing and we can all make a guess as to what it is. This sounds like a job for bloggers.

February 05, 2008 9:04 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Hooray for the good news!

I think I'm going to track down one of my cats and hug them.

February 05, 2008 9:22 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

Yeah, I want a chance to guess. Right now I'm thinking milk container ring, but it could be something from a toy too. I want to know!

February 05, 2008 9:56 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

I'm guessing that the hard blue plastic thing was not part of his stomach lining. No doubt he'll be better without it there, but I -- like Cham and Summer -- am rather curious to guess at its origin given a photo.

February 05, 2008 11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give Elliot lots of kisses from Arizona! Santa brought 2 kittens for my girls so I am rapidly remembering how close to your heart the kitties can get.

February 05, 2008 11:41 PM  
Blogger NPR Junky said...

Good luck to you both! Still sending good thoughts and prayers to get you and Elliott home safe.

February 06, 2008 7:11 AM  
Blogger CindyWags said...

Such a relief that they were able to get that thing out of Elliot. I hope he starts feeling better real soon!

I'm curious, too... could the mysterious thing have been a lid to a bottle of treats?

February 06, 2008 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home