Friday, March 07, 2008

Freaky Friday

Just a weird tidbit. I was going to start watching my next Netflix movie while I getting ready to go out tonight, but the movie won't let me choose English subtitles. Isn't that weird??? The movie is in Danish, and there are options for English, Espanol, and Francais on the language menu. To choose the correct language, you use your remote to underline one of the choices, but no matter what I tried, it skipped English every time. I don't get it.

Netflix has this "Report a Problem" tool online, but as you might have guessed, there's no common problem for a movie that suddenly won't let you choose English subtitles, so I had to call their 800 number instead. Luckily, they are sending me another movie, but it's so freaking odd, right?

It figures. The only time taking French in high school would have come in some handy, and all I can remember is how to say grapefruit... le pamplemousse!

Damn.

4 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Oooo. Good opportunity to try your French out I guess. Will it let you choose English on another DVD player? Or maybe your computer? It's worth a try!

Me I never get around to watching my Netflix flix (thankfully I'm on the one at a time, two a month deal). I'm trying to watch Jericho from the beginning.

March 07, 2008 10:04 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

you are funny!

March 07, 2008 10:37 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

What's the movie?

Watch Goodbye Lenin if you ever have the chance -- you'll have to watch it in subtitles, but it's GREAT!

March 07, 2008 11:20 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

It's Brothers, winner of the Sundance Film Festival's World Cinema Dramatic Audience Prize. (Yes, I copied that straight from the Netflix sleeve...)

March 08, 2008 11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home