Sunday, March 09, 2008

Weekend Schmeekend

I've had a busy weekend thus far. Friday I went out in Locust Point (no, really... I love Boddingtons), Saturday afternoon I went out in Canton, and somewhere in the midst of that crazy social life I watched two movies. I'm a bit concerned overall, though, because I've slept in both days, which means that getting up tomorrow is probably going to be insanely difficult.

Before I head over to CJs for more painting, I'd like to jot down a few notes on the movies I saw. First, I saw Happy Feet. So cute! I was in love with Mumble instantly. This is (yet another) animation with adult humor, so I am skeptical about whether or not it's appropriate for my niece and nephews... but I thought it was quite charming. I mean, who doesn't love a penguin who tap dances?

Second I watched We Are Marshall. So good. The movie production seemed a little unpolished overall, and I'm not sure if that was by design or as a result of the film not being over-Hollywood. Who knows. It was noticeable, but not distracting, and as expected, it was moving and inspirational. It makes you wonder what liberties, if any, they took in the retelling... and if the characters were/are as they were portrayed. Overall, though, it lived up to my expectations. It was worth the see.

Happy Feet - 3 stars because I liked it
We are Marshall - four stars because I really liked it

Now I'm off to do some marathon painting with CJ... with any luck that will wear me out enough to sleep heavily tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

My daughter wasn't overly interested in Happy Feet (good thing because that lion seal scene scared the hell out of me!) The Bean's favorite thing about that movie?... the cartoon in special features with the Owls... I love to singa about a moona a toona in the springa!

March 10, 2008 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home