Thursday, March 13, 2008

Yet Another Day...

Well, I don't have the flu. I wasn't sure there for about a half of a day. Wednesday I woke up with a headache and despite the loads of Excedrin, it wouldn't go away. Instead of working at the DC, I headed straight home and went to bed. I was actually in bed from 6:30 PM - 7:00 AM - except for a few bathroom breaks for Antonio and I. This morning I didn't feel much better, but I rallied, went to work, and by this afternoon was feeling better. Maybe it was a weird bug. Or maybe I haven't adjusted well to daylight savings time... I guess we'll never know.

Today I got a little frustrated because I found out that I'll no longer be working at the DC. Apparently there's a new rule that you have to work three nights or more a week to work there, and there's no way I can commit to working 12 hours a day three (or more) times a week. That's ridiculous. My number one commitment has to be to my day job because that's what I was hired to do. It's a shame that they'll only accept our help if we promise to work too much. I don't get it.

The downside is that the extra money (and satisfaction) is gone. There's no extra cash to help me out with the vet and car bills, and no more fun watching my products get shipped out the door. I guess the upside is that I've got my social life back. Ha ha. If only food and drinks came free of charge...

5 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

The only reason I can think is that it's a staffing issue. If you're working X amount of hours, the DC doesn't need to hire another employee. But if you're working less than X amount of hours, the DC does still need to hire someone, AND they're paying you extra.

But that's just a guess.

Have you considered an actual part time job? Couple nights a week, maybe a Saturday or Sunday?

March 13, 2008 9:49 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

They do... it's called dating- the old fashioned way. Let him pay!

March 13, 2008 10:17 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

i agree with jodi! finding happy hour specials and finding guys to pay will be on the agenda!

March 14, 2008 6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what they call girls who make guys pay for everything? Hookers. Have a nice day! :)

March 14, 2008 8:33 AM  
Blogger Ticket 4 Two said...

That sucks. Have you ever thought about being a flight attendant? ;) Pilots pay for darn near everything!

p.s. And no. We are not hookers.

March 14, 2008 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home