Thursday, August 14, 2008

List Day

So I was chatting with a friend of mine today about a number of TV shows, and it occurred to me that I've wanted to create a few lists: a list of books to be read, a list of TV Series already watched, and a list of TV Series to be watched. Yes, I realize I'm lame, and that, in order to find the love of my life, I'll have to look for someone who is willing to stay home randomly and watch entire serieseseses of TV shows... ugh. Hopeless. I get it.

Anyway... on to the lists.

Book List
The Secret Girl by Molly Bruce Jacobs - IN PROGRESS!
Searching for Life: The Grandmothers of the Plaza de Mayo and the Disappeared Children of Argentina by Rita Arditti
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Coming of Age in Mississippi by Anne Moody
A Ship Made of Paper by Scott Spencer
1984 by George Orwell
The Descendants by Kaui Hart Hemmings
Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss
Getting Stoned with Savages by J. Maarten Troost

Series' Watched
The Sopranos (All Seasons) - DONE
OZ (All Seasons) - DONE
Arrested Development (whole series) - DONE
The Hills (Seasons 1-3) - DONE
Dexter (Season 1) - DONE THIS WEEK
Wonderfalls (All Episodes) - JUST FINISHED!

Series' To Be Watched
The Hills (Seasons 4-?) - starts August 18th
Dexter (Seasons 2-?) - Season 2 DVD releases August 19th; Season 3 starts September 28th
Firefly (All Seasons)
Six Feet Under (All Seasons)
Deadwood (All Seasons)
The Wire (All Seasons)
Battlestar Galactica (Seasons 1-?)

So... it's a lot. And if anyone has any of the "Series' To Be Watched" shows on DVD so that I can borrow them... all the better. (Yes, JWER. I'll return yours soon - almost done.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Looks great, although i fear i may never see you again... and yes, you may find it hard to find true love b/c he's probably also at home watching entire seasons of tv shows with his dog and cat.

August 14, 2008 9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think about adding Weeds to your to-be-watched list. It's pretty great in seasons 1-2, kind of sags in season three, but kicks it back up in season 4 (which is going on now).

August 15, 2008 6:31 AM  
Blogger jwer said...

I just got The Wire Season 5 the other day, so I now have all 5 seasons when you're ready to start... (I haven't watched much of 4 and 5 at all, so gimme a little while...)

:o)

August 15, 2008 8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Descendants" Is a FABULOUS book. I could not put it down...you should put that higher on your list... :)
Enjoy your reading and thanks for the lists - it makes me add to mine.
Hugs,
Annie
ps. I hope you are having a great day.
pps. Mine and Tom's seasons to catch up on are LOST and HEROES..we loved them.

August 15, 2008 9:54 AM  
Blogger kwpershey said...

You should join Goodreads! It's a WONDERFUL website, helps you keep track of what you're reading and plan to read. And you get great recommendations!

(Sorry to sound like a spam ad, I just really love Goodreads.)

August 15, 2008 12:13 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

I have Firefly, Battlestar Galactica and the Wire. Looks like jwer has you covered on the Wire though. Working on season 3 of Six Feet Under now ... great show. Also have Weeds if you take SC's advice and add that to your list. Let me know if you want to borrow any of them.

August 15, 2008 3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god, start Six Feet Under first! That show is AMAZING. I fell in love with Nate, played by Peter Krause. That probably had something to do with him looking like my husband. :) But seriously, it's a great program.

August 16, 2008 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home