Friday, January 23, 2009

My Toe

I haven't yet discussed my toe problem on this blog, but... I think I sprained it. (Left foot, "pointer" toe.) Last week while at BMA I had to stop and take off my toe ring because I thought that was causing the pain I was feeling - but it hurt for DAYS. I taped it to my middle toe while in heels for a few days at work, and it feels better, but still not perfect. Can you sprain a toe?

Now I haven't worn my toe ring in a week, the longest time since I lost it four years ago for six weeks (and when I thought I lost it in Los Angeles). Can I put it back on? Grrr... I don't like my naked toe. I just don't.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking as someone who has broken a left big toe, it is entirely plausible. Is there any bruising or swelling?

A sprain is just a ligament tear. Those can occur if you run then suddenly stop, stub the toe, or landing a jump awkwardly. There's really no treatment, though, for toes other than the big toe. The normal advice holds--elevation, compression, and ice.

So, try to stay off it if possible. Painkillers as well.

(Apparently, I play a doctor on the intertubes.)

January 24, 2009 8:31 AM  
Blogger cherylann said...

You can wear a toe ring with shoes on? I would be annoyed by it. Just another reason why you are so kickass and I am not. :) I hope your toe feels better soon.

January 24, 2009 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home