Tuesday, January 13, 2009

So... who wishes they were me right now?

Really. C'mon, anyone?

Me: You're not even talking to me.
Her: Is there a problem?
Me: YOU JUST HIT MY CAR, AND IT'S ONE IN THE MORNING!
Her: So, is there a problem?
Me: Seriously?
Her: Is there damage?
Me: My car is right there - go look at it!
Her: So, is there damage?
Me: My car is right there. You. Just. Hit. It. Walk over and look at it!
Her: (silence) *Note: She hasn't moved.
Me: (dialing 911)

If my neighbor as an example isn't enough of a reason to reconsider driving drunk... I don't know what is. Her boyfriend kept answering questions for her, and she was unable to answer even a single question with any sort of lucidity. She had no idea what she had even done.

Now, of course, it's 1:30 AM, and not only am I MAD... but I'm freakin' AWAKE. There's no better punishment for an insomniac than to keep her up EVEN MORE in the middle of the night.

Goodnight, neighbor. You're gonna love talking to me when you're sober tomorrow.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger a.d. said...

Oh my goodness! It seems that you weren't in the car, so at least you are (physically) alright. What did the police say, considering she was inebriated?

January 13, 2009 10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know her well??

January 13, 2009 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you saw the accident occur, otherwise you may not have known who did this...
Sorry it has happened to your car though.
XOX,
Annie

January 13, 2009 11:09 AM  
Blogger Cham said...

The car looks totalled, make sure you smile nicely at the Baltimore City police officer so you get the appropriate police report and her insurance company writes you a big check ASAP.

January 13, 2009 6:16 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

AD - She was shit-faced. Walking straight and all, but completely out of it. She couldn't even comprehend what she had done. That made me the most angry, for sure. Completely unaccountable.

Cassie - We're friendly neighbors, not friends.

Annie - I know! The blessing of having insomnia, right?

Cham - Not totaled, but the officer was VERY nice. His wife is from Ohio, so no problems there. Another good experience with Baltimore's finest.

January 13, 2009 7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no, C! it's so good that u saw it happen. sounds like she def would not have owned up to it. i'm sorry, friend.

January 14, 2009 12:32 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

You shoulda broken her nose. Was she arrested?

January 15, 2009 7:29 PM  
Blogger Carolynn said...

Wow you are actually really lucky! I know it sucks and you are pissed, especially since your neighbor was being a complete shithead about it. But it could have been a lot worse. Here was my car. Notice that it WAS parked between the white lines when I left it.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ht-yhhHQwvY/SQlS8R2HKzI/AAAAAAAAAEc/Qleqpzn7j40/s1600-h/Labor+Day+004.jpg

January 16, 2009 1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home