Sunday, January 11, 2009

Updated Book List

Book List
Searching for Life: The Grandmothers of the Plaza de Mayo and the Disappeared Children of Argentina by Rita Arditti - In Progress
Almost Moon by Alice Sebold - In Progress
Beautiful Boy by David Sheff
World Without End by Ken Follett
The Cuba Wars by Daniel P. Erikson
Discovery of Atlantis by Robert Sarmast
Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln by Doris Kearns Goodwin
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Coming of Age in Mississippi by Anne Moody
A Ship Made of Paper by Scott Spencer
1984 by George Orwell
The Descendants by Kaui Hart Hemmings
Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss

I'm also going to read a Richard Russo book - but don't know where to start. Suggestions?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

World without end... thumbs up. You never read 1984? I had to read that in school... I still remember it. Good book. Thanks for the tag.

January 11, 2009 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say definitely start with Cuba Wars as the Cuba Revolution just had it's fiftieth anniversary and it's gotten good reviews.

My spouse just Beautiful Boy and really liked it.

January 11, 2009 3:04 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Time Travelers Wife and Water for Elephants were both amazing. Seriously.

January 11, 2009 3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to read Richard Russo I highly suggest starting with Empire Falls. That is one of my all time favorite books. I've read pretty much all of his stuff and I think he's a great author, but that is my favorite.

January 11, 2009 4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I reveiwed The Descendants for Elle, and it was fabulous. Also, I did not like the Almost Moon, I hope you enjoy it more that I did.
Enjoy your reading....
Hugs,
Annie

January 12, 2009 10:44 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I'm reading Time Travellers Wife right now (let me know if you need to borrow)... I think I may steal ideas from your list for my next book!

January 12, 2009 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home