Thursday, July 27, 2006

One of "Those" Kids

I am going to be one of those kids.

You know who they are... the kids who return home for holidays and visits, but not to the home they grew up in. Nope. A new home. A different home. That's right folks... my parents just bought a house. In all fairness, it sounds like an awesome house. It's in a fabulous neighborhood and close to my grandparents and sister's family.

Will I miss our house in the 'burbs? You bet. I grew up there, and I love that house. But my parents love this new house. And after years of blood, sweat and tears from raising us... they should have what they want. I am so very happy for them.

For those of you that know the Akron area, the house is on the west side of town near Sand Run. I believe it's in the same general neighborhood where Jessie (Bialke) Price's dad used to live.

Here are a few quick photos (with the previous homeowners' furniture). More to come at a later date.


5 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

My parents moved too, but like three or four years ago. The house I spent my teenage years in, though, wasn't one I really considered a "home", that woulda been the place in Adelphi I actually "grew up in" ... I miss that place surely.

July 27, 2006 4:09 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

It is a very cute house. I love the back porch. We are lacking in that type of greenery and hills here.

July 27, 2006 7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Charissa-parents! Good luck.

July 27, 2006 7:58 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Oh, also, that wood paneling is UGLY.

July 28, 2006 12:56 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

I've seen way worse. It's not as bad as I've seen....

July 28, 2006 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home