Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I'm Like a 3 Year Old

I don't know what it is, but I am incapable of going to bed at any reasonable hour. It's after midnight, and while many of my responsible coworkers have been asleep for a few hours, I am sitting on the couch watching Comedy Central and blogging. I have a cat on my left and a dog on my right, and they are both asleep! It's pathetic.

I'm like a 3 year old because no matter how tired I am, I always feel like I am missing something by going to bed. What could possibly be more important that being rested for work?

I imagine that to some extent I am partially a product of my environment. After 9-11 in particular, I became a knowledge-aholic. I absolutely hate being the last to know things. I probably hit up MSNBC.com five to ten times a day, just to stay on top of any 'breaking news.'

So today, after too few hours of sleep last night, I was mildly nonfunctional. Of course, my inner 3 year old would argue that the sleep deprivation was worth it, because the lion documentary on Animal Planet was actually quite interesting. (Seriously!) Unfortunately, Jeff Foxworthy is nowhere near as stimulating tonight. I'm not even listening at this point.

Next Steps: Let out dog, queue up my 'Tuscany' CD, and crawl into bed.

5 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I can buy a lion documentary being interesting ...

... but Jeff Foxworthy?

C'mon.

August 08, 2006 12:58 AM  
Blogger Charissa said...

I meant that Jeff F. is "no where near as stimulating" as the lion documentary. I don't watch his show ever. It was just on after the Cobert Report! I swear!

Why am I awake?!?! Jesus!

August 08, 2006 1:02 AM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

"I always feel like I am missing something by going to bed"

Like, er, sleep?

August 08, 2006 7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can always sleep when you are dead. I have always found that 2 RedBulls equal approximately 4 hours of sleep. Twitching side effect excluded of course.

August 08, 2006 9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have this same problem. After spending the whole day at work, it takes a while to unwind.

Going to bed just seems like I'm giving up my "own time."

Crazy isn't it?

August 08, 2006 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home