Sunday, August 06, 2006

Big Brother and Cooking

I love Big Brother. Last Thursday Diane was voted out of the house. That definitely improved my odds in the Charissa-Richie Fantasy Big Brother game. Today, my girl, Danielle, won Head of Household. Woo-hoo! Here are the standings to date. The houseguests in red have been nominated for eviction this week.

Charissa's Team
Kaysar, Janelle, Danielle, Howie, Erika

Richie's Team
Will, Mike Boogie, Marcellas, James, George
Voted out: Diane

My issue now is this: Janelle deserves to be voted out of the house. No question. And as an average viewer, I'd be all for it. But now that Richie and I have this fantasy BB game going on, I'm a bit torn. On one hand, keeping Janelle in the house increases my odds by simple numbers. On the other hand, keeping Janelle in the house also increases the odds that Will and Mike Boogie will win... so I have to decide if the effect of losing Janelle in the short run will actually increase my chances in the long run. This is going to be an interesting week in the Big Brother house, that's for sure.

On a different topic, I was going to make homemade mac and cheese today; I made the cheese sauce and everything. But there was a small problem. When I went to make the elbow macaroni, some of those you've-let-this-box-sit-in-your-cupboard-way-way-way-too-long dead bugs were in there. So I trashed the whole box, of course, and then I went on a trashing rampage. I am so grossed out. I threw out a box of Bisquick, cereal, and anything else from that cupboard that fits in the "breads" category. Ew. Ew. Ew.

So now I have a huge saucepan of cheese sauce, and no macaroni. My cupboards are looking more bare than ever because I threw so much away. I tossed out a lot of food from the fridge too... like I said, I was on a roll.

This may be the week I go grocery shopping.

2 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Wow. Richie is kicking your ass.

August 06, 2006 10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the way this Snay thinks...but it's going to be close. I think you're right with Will or Mike following soon after Janelle gets the boot. But I bet only one of them goes and the other lurks for a while. Neither's perceived as a threat without the other.

Gross about the bugs. I have been fighting an ant invasion for the last week or so. They make me pissed as hell. So far I've taken out around 50 of them, and they've taken out 0 of me. I'm in the lead.

August 06, 2006 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home