Sunday, August 20, 2006

Patterson Park Lady

There's an elderly woman who is always at the park when I go with Antonio. I don't know if she's homeless or if she just has her own "spot," but she's always under the same tree with all of her stuff. She's well protected... she has two large German Shepard mix dogs. And when the police do their hourly drive by, they often honk or wave at her, probably to make sure she's okay.

She'll get up, get water, walk her dogs, etc, but I'm not sure what she's up to as she sits there. I never sit close enough to be able to see. But every time I'm on the lookout for a nice shade tree, I look for one nearby. Close enough where I can see her, but far enough away so I don't seem like a stalker. I don't know why I care, really. I guess I just wonder what her story is.

3 Comments:

Blogger Summer said...

You should try talking to her. I've found that a lot of old ladies in Baltimore like to talk. A lot! She'll tell you her story! Of course, if she is crazy, you may have trouble getting out of it, but therein lies the risk, eh?

Patterson Park is my neck of the woods... have you been to Parkside yet?

August 21, 2006 1:31 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

I said "hi" to her once while she was walking her dogs, and I didn't get much back. I'll have to try it again...

August 21, 2006 6:08 PM  
Blogger Cham said...

I agree with Summer, but ask about her dogs. Once you get someone in Baltimore wound up, Summer is right, you might have trouble making it home for dinner.

August 22, 2006 7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home