Monday, May 14, 2007

So... Tuesday Is THE Day

My final eye surgery is tomorrow. I'm the teeniest bit nervous, but mostly just excited to get it over with. It will be interesting to see if they take my blood pressure before the procedure, and if they do - what it will be.

Before my first eye surgery (which, admittedly, was way more invasive), my blood pressure was like 155 over something. I was ridiculously nervous, and I required quite a bit of Valium to chill out. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't hysterical or anything... I was quiet and smiling on the outside, and complete chaos on the inside.

Just to benchmark, yesterday my blood pressure was 118 over something which I forget (my bottom number is always high). I took my blood pressure again now, and it's 122 over 82. That's pretty calm for me. Of course, I just started a glass of wine... so maybe that has something to do with it.

Just as an FYI... it's looking like I won't be at the Blogger HH on Thursday. A good friend of mine is having an out patient thing and I want to be available should he need anything. It's sad, I know... which means that the next happy hour may have to be very soon rather than four months from now. Agreed?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow, my friend. Here's wishing you happy eyes, a low BP and valium... sooo glad this is the last one... your eyes have been through enough already :)

May 14, 2007 9:11 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

Best of luck tomorrow. I will be sending happy blood pressure lowering thoughts your way. Congrats on it being your last one!

May 14, 2007 9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking about you tomorrow :)

Love,
Dad

May 14, 2007 9:40 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

I see how little I mean to you :(

Good luck tomorrow with your eye surgery. I hope it all goes well!

May 14, 2007 10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck, C! hope all goes well :)

May 15, 2007 11:20 AM  
Blogger danielle said...

I hope the surgery goes well today!

I'll miss you on Thursday. I hope your friend is okay.

And for the next happy hour to be very soon, why don't you host it?

May 15, 2007 12:24 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

hope your surgery went well. originally i said i'd never get it done, but i know so many people who've been pleased with their results that i'm starting to get tempted...

May 17, 2007 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home