Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Countdown Is On

I leave for Vegas in the morning. Before you start a comment, please don't say "Oh, you're so lucky," or "Vegas!? How exciting." I'm not a Vegas kind of girl. For all of the video game playing and nights out, Vegas is just way too overdone for me. It's like the "Glamor Shots" of nights out - all big hair and way too much lipstick.

Granted, I've only ever been to Vegas for work, so I think it's fair to say that I haven't seen all that Vegas has to offer. But for all of it's brights lights and noise, it's just not my thing. On top of my already negative feelings, it's a rush trip. I fly out tomorrow, and fly back first thing Thursday. Talk about jet lag.

Now I do intend to do a number of fun things while I'm there - Prime Steakhouse, TAO, Mary J Blige, Pure, among other things - but there's just something to be said for the comforts of home. If I had one wish, it would be to see KA again. I saw it two years ago, and it blew my mind. I saw O last year, but KA is my favorite Cirque show to date. I just wish I had the time.

So tonight I'm finishing packing and cleaning (CJ is house and pet sitting for me - I love her to death), and tomorrow I get on a plane. Lucky for me that my iPod is ready to go, full of Sopranos episodes and the best hits of Mary J.

3 Comments:

Blogger cherylann said...

Watch out for Rufus! Have a safe flight. What about the Cirque du Soleil LOVE? The one based on the Beatles... is that still there? I heard it was fantastic. Anyway... have as much fun as you can... at least it will be warmer.

January 07, 2008 1:11 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Have fun- or as much as you can. I completely understand, it's not my kind of town either. Enjoy Mary J! I saw her in Jamaica and she was amazing!

January 07, 2008 8:56 AM  
Blogger Missy B said...

Travel safe my friend.

January 07, 2008 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home