Saturday, February 09, 2008

Another Elliott Update

I received Elliott's biopsy results yesterday. For his stomach biopsy, it's just inflammation. For his duodenal biopsy, the results showed he has IDB - Feline Inflammitory Bowel Disease. The vet said that this can be attributed to food allergies, and since we've been told that Elliott is allergic to chicken... it all makes sense. I'm supposed to make an appointment with an internist to decide how to treat it, but I think I'll wait a few weeks and let him gain some weight first. I also have to get him retested for hyperthyroidism, but again, I want him to gain some weight before I put him on any medications or anything. He needs some meat on his bones. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Charissa, I don't know why I didn't think of it last night, but there is a pet store out here in Columbia (actually it's a tad past Columbia, down 108) that might have the right kind of food for Elliott. Place is called Bark. It's kinda like a Whole Foods for pets. Mainly dogs, but they do cats too. Their selection of stuff is really impressive. It is down 108 right next to the hippie grocery store Roots (and the sublime Great Sage restaurant). Give them a ring.

http://www.barknatural.com/
http://www.barknatural.com/cats.html

February 09, 2008 3:44 PM  
Blogger Carol Ott said...

Our cat is allergic to one of the ingredients in most cat foods...not sure which one, since I never had the tests done.

Both Science Diet for Sensitive Stomachs and Newman's Own Organic cat foods worked really well. She was losing fur and lost a ton of weight -- once I switched her food, she gained the weight back and her coat is once again thick and glossy. You can get the Science Diet at almost any pet store (I used to buy it at the pet store in the Southside Shopping Center by the Shoppers Food Warehouse in South Baltimore) and I get the Newman's Own at Safeway. Both are around $9 for a three-pound bag.

So glad to hear Elliott is on the mend!!

February 09, 2008 3:48 PM  
Blogger sourpuss said...

Elliott is adorable and I'm so happy to hear he's doing better.

February 15, 2008 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home