Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Would You Pay $1800 For This Rubber Duck?



















No? How about this one?

















Still no? But wait - I'd like to point out the extra piece added to the duck's head. It's included in the price! What a deal, right?

So yes, you guessed it. That bluish piece added in the second photo above is not only an original part of this duck's head, but also the "blue plastic thing" extracted from Elliott's stomach yesterday. Elliott is officially the most expensive cat I've ever owned, and by default, this March of Dimes duck is the most expensive charity I have ever donated to.

Elliott is fine. Our reunion was far more anticlimactic that I imagined, as he's still a bit pissy. I know he is happy to be home, but because he's out of sorts, I haven't yet picked him up because of his general bad mood. I've rubbed him and kissed him and petted him, but we'll have to see how he does tonight to know how soon he'll come around. All I do know is that I am so happy to have him home. I love him, I love him, I love him, I love him.

Well, at least I've learned a few important lessons as a result of this situation.

Lesson #1: Hard plastic toys are not dog toys. Even though you think you can trust the dog not to swallow it, you just can't trust the cat.
Lesson #2: Cleanliness is next to Godliness. Translated - vaccuum more often.
Lesson #3: Give to charity. And by charity, I mean the SPCA.
Lesson #4: In the end, all roads lead back to you. Translated - oops.

14 Comments:

Blogger NPR Junky said...

Oh, honey. I'm so glad both mommy and kitty are home and safe and...perhaps not SOUND, but home. I'm actually surprised that none of my brood have ever ingested anything like that, to tell the truth.

Love and hugs and kisses,
NJ

February 06, 2008 9:04 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

but there was a reason and you were able to fix it. YEA!

February 06, 2008 9:26 PM  
Blogger Jamaila said...

So glad everybody's okay!! And also glad you found out what it was and don't have to live in mystery anymore. Many hugs!

February 06, 2008 9:39 PM  
Blogger Missy B said...

I am glad Elliot is doing better and that it was fixable.

I am also glad that our local March of Dimes gave out teddy bear picture frames.

February 06, 2008 10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This calls for a "woot".

w00t!

-acw

February 06, 2008 10:04 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Now I'm wondering how many Legos my cats are carrying around with them.

February 06, 2008 10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How he would find such a thing appetizing is lost on us humans. I stick to my hypothesis that Antonio tricked him into eating it. Regardless, I'm glad it's out of him and I'm glad he's better. He's too good a cat for such a little thing to keep him down.

February 06, 2008 11:21 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

YEAH!!! Glad he's on his way to a speedy recovery!

February 07, 2008 12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The March of Dimes can make some serious money with that duck - selling it as a diet tool. E lost a third of his weight in 3 months - .... I need a duck.

February 07, 2008 3:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO Happy that Elliott is doing better and you found out what was inside his stomach.
Now, I am rethinking toys for my cats.
Thank goodness this was something that could be fixed and not an illness that would keep him down for a while.
Hugs,
Annie

February 07, 2008 9:16 AM  
Blogger Summer said...

Wow!!! and I definitely think tonio dog told him to do it because cats don't usually eat stuff like that. Of course, I've had to help remove curling ribbon from the wrong end of my cat before, so they do sometimes eat stuff they shouldn't... but a duck part? weird. I'm glad you were able to find the solution and fix it!!!

February 07, 2008 9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great news, C! glad Elliott cat is okay =)

February 07, 2008 9:51 AM  
Blogger Cham said...

In this case curiosity nearly killed the cat. I know I am so going to regret asking this, but WTF is curling ribbon?

February 07, 2008 7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pissy is good! I'm so glad things went well and that he's home sleeping off his plastic duck head hangover.

February 07, 2008 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home