Thursday, February 07, 2008

Where's George?

As a departure from a week of Elliott-posts (he's doing okay, by the way, he's just super skinny), I'd like to brag about a dollar bill I came across recently.

See, this dollar was a Where's George dollar... and using the website, I tracked it all the way back to Arlington, Texas. Where... it was... a tip at a strip club. Oh yeah.

So what did I do? I spent the afternoon handing the dollar to folks at work and then telling them where it came from... at which point they promptly handed the dollar back or dropped it. Ha! No fears... I gave them each a squirt of Purell afterwards. It was just a lot of fun to watch people react and guess just where that dollar had been [ahem] tucked.

(Blurry photo of the dollar and the web log shown here... )

Oh - did I mention (I'm sure that I didn't) that the Knotty Pine Inn bar burned down? YEAH! Monday morning, I think. Now it's all boarded up with those tell-tale smoke stains above each window. What a tragedy, right? I mean, I never went in there myself, but that place was a landmark on this side of town.

Oh, for shame.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone only gave you a dollar for a tip?!

....did I read that wrong?

February 08, 2008 10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Where's George? - I love finding a dollar with the stamp on it and seeing where it was last - usually at least a state away..... at least my money gets to travel.

February 09, 2008 8:57 AM  
Blogger Maltese Cross said...

Congrats on finding a Wild George (when you come across a Where's George-stamped bill). That particular bill you have is called a Naked George, defined by The Encyclopedia Georgetannica as "A hit with a user note that suggests the bill's connection to the adult entertainment industry."

WG is addicting and a neat way to find out where currency travels.

September 03, 2009 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home