Sunday, February 10, 2008

Two Things

One
So Friday was E's birthday, and it was my second time at our Irish bar version of Cheers in a week. It was great seeing you all - so much fun - but I learned an important lesson thanks to jwer... Charissa and Irish cider do not mix. I think I had a total of four beers, which is not too much for me, but I spent much of Saturday feeling queasy and blah. I'm blaming it on the cider. (And not jwer.)

Two
Last night I had a dinner date and learned something equally as important as not liking cider... I am not good at reading boy body signals. What I thought was lack of interest - darting eyes, okay eye contact, etc - might just be nervousness. I am a bit shocked. I think it's weird that I might make someone nervous, but I'm pretty sure that's what it was. The night was a good time, and no further details will be shared, but I think I need to reevaluate how I perceive my environment. It's possible that I'm not as in the know as I thought I was. Damn.

6 Comments:

Blogger Carol Ott said...

Oh puh-lease. YOU are fierce. Of course the poor boy was nervous. :)

February 10, 2008 4:26 PM  
Blogger jwer said...

I did say I would drink it if you didn't like it, you goober...

February 10, 2008 5:33 PM  
Blogger Jim-the Classical Liberal (Views from the Right) said...

Rissa--
I have always been nervous around beautiful women...
Give the guy a pass...
Jimmy

February 11, 2008 9:50 AM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Jim - It's more of a criticism of me - not him at all! He's a nice guy. I'm the one who's a weirdo!!!

February 11, 2008 10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weirdo possibly, but attractive nevertheless. Such is life.

February 11, 2008 12:51 PM  
Blogger acw said...

Did you put your hand on his junk? I'm telling you, this would have calmed him down. You never listen to my advice.

February 11, 2008 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home